Friday, September 14, 2012

in tune



"When you put your face next to an "A" string and begin to hum an "A" -that string will begin to vibrate. The "D" won't, the "G" won't, but the "A" will. Because it was created to vibrate with that tone. The thing about the story-God's story-is that when it is told and applied well, and when it is supported in a sensorial way, something inside our heart starts to vibrate, regardless of whether we are a Christian or not, because we were created for our hearts to vibrate with that story."
Dieter Zander

Trying to stay in tune with God can be a challenging thing. The world can pull me in different directions until I become out of tune. In those times it can be challenging to feel the "vibration" of God's voice. There are times of disconnect and dissonance. So I try and make time to get back into tune. I find the more I play the more I stay in tune. Always needing an adjustment here and there, but the more I play the easier the tuning becomes. It feels so great to feel that sensation of the voice of God speaking into my life. He has a great desire to use me as part of the instrument of His love. He longs for my story to be connected to His story and for His story to be revealed through mine. I want my story to be about Him and the wonders that He has worked in my life, so much so that the two become one, vibrating in perfect harmony.

No comments: