Thursday, September 20, 2012

new work


I met Andy when we became roommates my junior year of college. I lived with a house full of music majors, which definitely had some advantages as I enjoy music. As an art major we spent a lot of time in the same building as well. There were a few nights where class conflicted with concerts. Thankfully, the painting studio was often fairly flexible on the time at the easel during class. This provided me to step out for "breaks" and I found myself wandering down the hall, dressed to the nines, in my painting apron for a concert or two, or... Andy was a gifted trombonist and though I have not heard him play in a few years I imagine he has only improved.
He contacted me a while back about the possibility of having some new business cards made as he had recently relocated and needed an update. I was excited to work on the project and wanted to create something simple yet reflected who he was. What better than to use an image of him playing the trombone.

No comments: